I love bowlcakes, these little cakes cooked in a bowl in the microwave. As they are mostly made of cereal flakes, they offer a pleasant change to muesli and porridge. In addition, they can be prepared in a jiffy, all you need to do is mix ing all the ingredients in a bowl and bake the cake in the microwave for a few minutes!
The bowlcake is a complete and nourishing breakfast: cereal flakes give the carbohydrates necessary to hold out until lunchtime and egg proteins bring a lasting feeling of satiety. Top your cake with yogurt, fruit or nut butter, and you’ll be ready to face the day!
- 40 gr small cereal flakes (oats, quinoa, buckwheat, millet …)
- 5 tbsp vegetable milk (oats, rice, almond, soy …)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pour all ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix to obtain a homogeneous texture.
- Cook in the microwave for 2-4 minutes, depending on the power (in my case, 2’30 minutes for 1,000 watts)
- Turn out on a plate.
- Top with ingredients of your choice.
There you go! Your your super breakie is ready! Enjoy!