I discovered this recipe durong a trek through northern Italy. I bet you already imagine the romantic discovery of this delicious dish in a picturesque restaurant. Well, you are mistaken! It was 10 years ago, we were a group of four students. Our budget was tight, we could not afford to eat tpp often at the restaurant so were cooking most of our meals.We always carried with us an emergency meal: it was a pack of pasta with a ready-made sauce or instant risotto. Thus, during our trip, I had the opportunity to test all kinds of sauce that I did not know. The one I liked best was by far the pesto calabrese. I learnt to cook it myself as soons as I returned from vacation.
When I had the Candida, I had to adapt many of my recipes to make them compatible with my strict diet. This vegan version of pesto calabrese is ne of them: ricotta is replaced by pine nuts and lemon juice.
Bell pepper, the main ingredient of this recipe , is an alkalizing food, packed with antioxidants, beta-carotene, vitamin A, B6 and C. Pine nuts, are rich in phosphorus. magnesium, zinc, manganese, copper, iron … Thus, this beautiful colored sauce will satisfy your tastebuds and body 😉
- 1 large, red bell pepper
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 100 gr pine nuts
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 25 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt pepper
- Chop the onion, garlic and bell pepper.
- In a pan, fry the onion, garlic and bell pepper in rapeseed oil.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters, add them to the pan, season with salt.
- Cook over medium heat until sauce is thickened, it will take 10 to 15 minutes.
- Blend all the ingredients until you get a smooth, creamz texture.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary.