I love the sweet flavour and soft texture of mango. After blending, it becomes a thick puree, to which I simply added soaked buckwheat and some liquid to get a smooth cream. The origin of thisrecipe is an unfinished smoothie: I originally wanted to make a mango, papaya & orange smoothie. When I tasted it whil I was preparing it, I loved the result so much that I decided to eat it as it was! So, my originally planned smoothie bowl became a mango cream bowl 🙂
This recipe reminds me of holidays in a tropical country, as well as an Indian dessert that I love so much. You can decorate it with fresh or dried fruit, nuts or grains, to make yourself a nourishing meal or a snack. On the pictures shown here, I used half a banana, goji berries and chia seeds. What a delicious mix!
Mango is antioxidants, beta-carotene, fiber and vitamin C rich. In this recipe, it is combined with coconut milk, a good source of iron, manganese, copper, phosphorus and selenium. The fresh orange juice, meanwhile, will provide a good dose of vitamin C and boost your digestion.
- 2 large, ripe mangos
- 2 oranges
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 4 tsp buckwheat groats
- fruit, seeds and / or cereals for garnish
- The night before, soak the buckwheat groats in filtered water.
- The next day, drain the buckwheat, discard the soaking water.
- Cut the mango into 1 inch pieces.
- Squeeze the oranges.
- Blend the orange juice, coconut milk, diced mango and soaked buckwheat, until creamy and smooth.
- Pour the cream in bowls.
- Decorate with fruit, seeds and cereals.