Here is a recipe from my Ayurvedic doctor in Sri Lanka. Served with a beautiful salad, it is perfect for a quick and light dinner. Those who love savory breakfast can enjoy the leftovers the next morning. This nourishing dish is prepared in a jiffy.
You can vary the recipe according to what is available in your fridge: replace the carrot with a zucchini, onion by leeks, the tahini by toasted sesame seeds… Let me know about your ideas!
- 500g potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 carrot
- 5 sprigs parsley
- 1 tbsp tahini (sesame butter)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- sesame oil
- Peel the potatoes. Cook them in unsalted boiling water.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the onion, garlic and parsley leaves. Grate the carrot.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain them thoroughly.
- Add them to the other ingredients and mash with a fork, while blending with other ingredients. You must obtain a homogeneous texture.
- Add the tahini and spices. Mix.
- With your hands, shape into patties about 5 cm in diameter and 2 cm in height.
- Let dry for 30 minutes. This will prevent you cakes falling apart while cooking.
- Cook the potato cakes in a lightly oiled pan until both sides are nicely browned.
Enjoy your meal,