One of my favorite recipes! I recreated it after spending five weeks in Mexico, tasting this delight every day. When I came back home, I read plenty of recipes, made countless attempts and used family and friends as guinea pigs, before finding the ultimate recipe, I am pleased to share with you today!
Easy and quick to prepare, it requires no cooking. It is suitable for vegetarians, vegans and raw foodists. On a nutritional point of view, it is rich in good fats, fiber and antioxydants.
You can enjoy your guacamole as a dip with vegetables sticks, as a side to grilled meat, as sauce in fajitas or a sandwich … This recipe is suitable for 2 people or 1 large stomach 😉
- 1 avocado
- 1 small onion (2-3 cm diameter)
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 lime
- 3-5 stalks cilantro
- 5 cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/3 cc salt
- Finely chop the onion, chilli and coriander leaves. Put in a bowl.
- Cut the avocados in half. Using a tablespoon, take off the flesh and add it to the onion-chili-cilantro mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 lime juice.
- Add salt and cumin.
- With a fork, mash the avocado and mic with the other ingredients until getting the desired texture. Personally, I like it quite chunky and I love bitinge into a big piece of avocado.
- If you want a guacamole with tomatoes, cut the cherry tomatoes in 4 and mix with the other ingredients.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary (salt, cumin, lemon juice, coriander …)
- Enjoy !!!
What about you? Let me know how you like eating your guacamole!