Iconic summer vegetable, bell pepper is both beautiful and delicious. Through its various colors, it will bring a sunny vibe to your table: red pepper gives a dazzling touch to your salads, green pepper will brighten up your tomato dishes, while yellow pepper can illuminate aratatouille.
In addition to its beautiful colors, bell pepper is an alkalizing food, packed with antioxidants, beta-carotene, vitamin A, B6 and C.
Bell pepper can be eaten raw or cooked. When roasted in the oven, as in this recipe, its texture becomes smooth and its flavor slightly sweet, which combines perfectly with the sharpness of raw garlic and the acidity of a good olive oil. I therefore share with you this simple but so tasty Mediterranean recipe. You can serve it as appetizer or starter.
- 5 peppers (the color you like the most)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven grill to 220 ° C.
- Wash and dry the peppers.
- Arrange them on a broiler pan or a Pyrex dish. Place them in the oven, just under the grill.
- Roast the peppers until their skin blackens and begins to blister. Turn them regularly so that they are evenly cooked.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and let them cool.
- Remove the skin and stems of peppers. Remove the seeds and cut them into strips.
- In a plate, arrange the slices of peppers in intersecting layers. Between each layer, season with a little salt, garlic and olive oil.
Enjoy, and see you soon for new recipes!