Some of you may know it already, I do not like eating processed foods and carefully read the labels before buying anything. So, I’m pretty limited to fresh produce shelves when I shop at the supermarket, and I usually embrace the DIY technique when I want to treat mself with something sweet: cakes, cookies, ice cream… After a trip to Sicily, where I had the pleasure to taste the famous Bronte pistachio cream, I decided to develop my own spread recipes.After several tests and burnt nut packages, and following numerous requests on Instagram, I give you my final formula that works with all types of chocolates, milk and nuts, all with minimal effort. For this, you will just need a good blender, a non-stick pan and a spatula 🙂
I tested this recipe with pistachios, almonds, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, cashews, walnuts… and with white, milk or dark chocolate. You can use whatever milk yoi like: cow, almond, soy, oat, rice … Same for oil. The key is to choose a milk and oil that have a neutral taste or that combines well with the nuts you wil use. The choice of chocolate is also essential, pick one that does not contain too much sugar.
So, what is this famous formula do make homemade spread? Nothing’s easier:
- 125 gr nuts
- 150 ml milk (vegetable or not)
- 200 gr chocolate
- 50 ml oil
- Blend the nuts and milk until getting a smooth cream.
- In a non-stick saucepan, melt the chocolate with the oil over very low heat.
- Add the milk paste and walnuts, mix thoroughly.
- Cook until getting the desired texture (10-20 minutes).
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Keeps one month, but sure you will eat it all before 😉
To inspire you, here are some combinations that I tried that have been approved by my friends and family:
- pistachio, oat milk, pistachio oil & white chocolate
- almond, soy milk, canola oil, white chocolate
- cashew nuts, rice milk, canola oil, milk chocolate
- nut, oat milk, rapeseed oil, black chocolate
- Brazil nuts, soy milk, canola oil, milk chocolate
- macadamia nuts, soy milk, hule pistachio, white chocolate
- hazelnut, spelt milk, hazelnut oil, milk chocolate
Dare to try new combinations, no risk to get it wrong if you choose quality ingredients. Have fun and enjoy your homemade spread on bread, waffles or pancakes, use it to garnish cakes or crem puffs, eat it with fruit … Yum!
He you will enjoy ooking your own spreads! Please do not forget to let me know about the combinations you have tried:)