No post dedicated to food today, as I have been nominated to the Liebster Award!
What is Liebster Award?
It is a concept designed to advertise blogs with fewer than 200 subscribers, and get the readers to better know the people who created these blogs. After being nominated, the bloggers willing to participate to Liebster Award have to respect the following rules:
- Thank and introduce their Liebster Award presenter and link back to their blog.
- Unveil 11 facts that characterize them.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with fewer than 200 subscribers, and inform the lucky nominees!
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask their nominees 11 questions.
I am pleased to enter the Liebster Award game today, following my nomination by Joëlle, author of Sulfite-free Cooking, a site aiming to share recipes gluten-, dairy-, additives- and preservatives-free recipes. Thank you very much Joëlle for the kind nomination! 🙂
11 facts about me
Clementine from Clemfoodie. This young creative woman defines herself as addicted to chocolate and peanut butter. She shares delicious recipes on her beautiful blog.
Les Cookines, created by Julia, whose passions are cooking and photography. She uses her pretty blog to share recipes with her friends, which is great so we ca all benefit from it!
Naturally Zuzu, a vegan recipe blog created by my friend Zuliya. I have conected with her through Instagram and have been immediately conquered by her refreshing and colorful photos.
The Dish On Healthy by Aleyda. You’ll find there plenty of delicious, healthy recipes that are gluten-free, lactose-free, and refined sugar-free. Get ready to feel hungry!
Soya et Chocolat by Alexe. Alexe presents delicious vegetarian recipes, workout videos to stay fit, as well as, travel stories and pictures.
CelinBlog, created by Céline. Here you will find a wealth of classic or original recipes, all so tempting and illustrated with magnificent photos.
Archcena, the author The Curious Mango, describes herself as an absolute fan of mangoes. She loves to discover new foods and share her delicious recipes and good mood through her beautiful bilingual blog.
The blog of Lucile, Dans la Cuisine de Djanisse, is a magnificent page where you will find plant based, mostly gluten-free recipes. Lucile loves organic, healthy and local cuisine, and happily shares her passion through her blog
Miam Miam & Yum, created by Hannenne. She shares sweet and savory recipes, inspired by her travels, her readings and the mood of the moment.
I discovered Tea Time & Delicatessen, Virginie’s blog, entirely by chance, when looking for a 11th blog to nominate. The visual style of the page and the humor of Virginie immediately seduced me, so I thought her work deserved a shoutpout ;-).
Men are not forgotten in this round of nomination: you will undoubtedly love Lutsubo by Alexandre. Trough is page, Alexandre shares a wealth of tempting vegetarian recipes as well as his passion for travel.
Questions for my nominees
- Do you have a passion other than the theme of your blog?
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you were an ingredient, which one would you be and why?
- What is the spice you use the most?
- What is your favorite dish ?
- Tell us about a disastrous culinary experience.
- Do you prefer sweet or savory food?
- In your opinion, which country possesses the most amazing cuisine and why?
- Is there a food of you hate?
- What is the last ingredient you have discovered, and on what occasion?
- Give us the menu you would like to eat for your last meal on Earth.
My answers to Joëlle’s questions
- If you were a touristic guide where would you take us?
I would take you to a food market, so you would discover local produce and be able to have a taste of the country’s way of life.
- Apart from interactions and friendships, what does blogging contribute to your life?
Creating a blog allowed me to discover a lot of new ingredients and culinary techniques. It also allows me to save time when friends ask about one of my recipes: I simply send them a link to my blog, whereas before I spent ages writing recipes from memory and sending them by email .
- Do you have any limits with blogging?
No, I don’t, and maybe I should put a few in place… When I think about all the hours spent in front of my computer instead of going out 😉, I think I should definitely give myself time limits!
- Are there blogs in a foreign language that you like visiting? Which ones?
As I my blog is bilingual, I have nominated French and English blogs. This partially answers to the question… I will add these three other blogs that have more than 200 subscribers and that I could not nominate: Minimalist Baker, a wealth of recipes containing a maximum of 10 ingredients and requiring no more than 30 minutes of preparation; Ufunk, which displays articles of all kinds and unusual gadgets or exhibitions. I discovered it when I was preparing a trip to Japan and became a big fan! Finally, Passion Ballet which provides lots of interesting information for dancing enthusiasts.
- What modern invention (XXth or XXIst century) could you not live without?
Internet ! I’m totally addicted! I think it is amazing to have access to so much information, to be able to communicate with people all over the world and get everything you need delivered at home, all of this in one click!
- What “great” cause would you like to sponsor?
The return to a healthier, more natural and environment-friendly way of eating. I hope I can contribute a little bit through this blog 🙂
- What book are you reading at the moment?
I cannot do one single thing at a time, same goes for books. I two readings in progress: The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch, and The Gut, our second brain by Prof. Francisca Joly Gomez.
- Is there a book you could never finish?
The fifth mountain by Paulo Coelho. I loved all the novels of this author, except this one. I took this book on a long trip to Asia, opened it during all my journeys by plane, boat or bus… I could not help but always fall asleep after a few pages! I ended up leaving it on the plane back to Switzerland.
- What historical figure would you have liked to meet?
Confucius, as this gentleman seems to have an opinion on all the topics which may have interested me.
- Your favorite saying?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained !
- What would you advise to someone who feels down?
Work out, walk in nature and enjoy a good cup of tea with a cheerful and optimistic person.
Thanks to all those who read this post to the end (what a long post!). See you soon for more recipes and food talks!