Eggfree Chocolate Mousse

Hi everyone!

Here is my first recipe created especially for #Choctoberfest 2017. I hope you enjoy it!

This dessert is quick and easy to prepare, impossible to fail and soooo decadent! The rich and creamy texture of this mousse will delight chocolate lovers. This dessert is vegan and therefore contains neither dairy products nor eggs. The main ingredient is silken tofu, a neutral-tasting ingredient that leaves allows the rich chocolate’s aroma to develop, while providing high-quality protein. If you end up having a culinary disaster when trying to bake with beaten egg whites, this is just the right recipe for you! No sophisticated technique is required: you just need to have just have a good blender to make this delicious mousse in no time!

Just a note about silken tofu: the one that I use is very soft and rich in water. Depending on the brands, it can be firmer, compact and with a grainy texture. If this is the case for the tofu you bought, do not panic: just add more plant milk to give an smooth texture to the preparation.

Serves 4-6

• 350 gr silken tofu
  • 150 gr dark chocolate 70%
  • 8 tbsp plant milk
  • 1-2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)

Directions

1. In a saucepan, melt chocolate with vegetable milk over low heat.
  2. Mix all the ingredients in a blender, long enough for bubbles to form and the texture to be smooth and creamy to the preparation. Add more plant milk if the texture is too thick.
  3. Pour the mixture into jars.
  4. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.

Enjoy your vegan chocolate mousse, and do not forget to take a look at my next chocolate recipes, as well as those of my bloggers friends participating in the Choctoberfest 2017! Click on the emage below to do so:

Don’t forget to check my previous post to enter our fabulous giveaway!

Talk to you soon,

Eleonora

12 Comments Add yours

1. The Saucy Southerner says:

That looks wonderful! And I want to gobble all of your garnishes as well! That fig…*thud* P~

Liked by 1 person

1. Eleonora says:

Thank you darling for your kind comment! Yes, these figs were so sweet 🙂

2. Joëlle says:

Hi Eleonora, thank you for the recipe! Another trick for a vegan chocolate mousse is to beat chickpea « juice » (another name is aquafaba) into a foam as you would egg whites, and add it to melted dark chocolate. It works pretty well.

Liked by 1 person

1. Eleonora says:

Thank you Joëlle! I have tried to use aquafaba several times instead of eggs, but it has always been a huge failure o_O’

Liked by 1 person

1. Joëlle says:

That’s too bad… Silken tofu to the rescue, then!

Liked by 1 person

3. allisonboyer219219131 says:

I have been trying to eat more vegan meals and desserts, so I definitely need to try this! I’ve never worked with silken tofu before, but it is a great idea. Those garnishes also look AMAZING!

Liked by 1 person

1. Eleonora says:

Glad you like it Allison! All my friends absolutely love this mousse, even the big dairy and egg eaters 🙂

4. Wendy Klik says:

I love having a vegan option for dessert when entertaining.Thanks for sharing.

Liked by 1 person

1. Eleonora says:

You are most welcome, thank you for your lovely comment 🙂

5. I’m not vegan and this is something I’d tackle in a heartbeat! Plus I have a few friends who are vegan that would love this 😉

Liked by 1 person

1. Eleonora says:

Thank you Cori! No need to be vegan to like this recipe: absolutely all m friends love it 🙂

Liked by 1 person